How To Remove Cortana On Your PC

20:35

Hello and welcome to Char Note. Microsoft's own right hand for Windows 10, out of his PC unequivocally. He's presumably not the only one, so I figured I'd detail precisely how to play out a Cortana-ectomy. 

This methodology was done on the most recent form of Windows 10, which is 1607 (the Anniversary Update). Once entire you'll have a customary pursuit bar like in past forms of Windows. 


Presently, before we start you may as of now be having second musings. You may think, "Hang on a second. I don't need Cortana keeping an eye on me, yet I additionally would prefer not to go messing about in my PC. 

The first route is for individuals who have Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or more. On the off chance that you have Windows 10 Home I'll cover it beneath. 

To close down Cortana in Windows 10 Pro essentially sort gpedit.msc in the hunt box to open the Group Policy Editor. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search. Double-click the policy named Allow Cortana.


At the point when the policy window appears just click Disable. You’re done!


If you're using Windows 10 Home, you'll have to alter the registry. Try not to handle this step unless you have encounter altering the registry. Also, you ought to set a restore point now on the off chance that things go sideways. To do that simply take after these tips. 

It bears rehashing: This is risky. All things considered, this is what you do. Sort Regedit into the hunt confine Windows, and open the Registry Editor.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search. 

Here’s where it gets tricky: That final key (Windows Search) might not be present, as it wasn’t on my machine. In that case you’ll need to right-click the Windows directory and select New > Key. Name it Windows Search.


Presently select that new key. In the righthand sheet, right-click and select new DWORD and name it AllowCortana. At that point right-click that value and ensure it's set to 0. 


Sign out, sign back in and you should notice that Cortana has been replaced with a generic search box and yeahhh!

One final note: After this is done, it's conceivable that you'll look in the Task Manager and discover Cortana as yet staying there, taunting you. Travis revealed to me he could murder the procedure. When I attempted it myself it was troublesome, as well as once I did I couldn't look at all on my PC, for anything. Plainly Cortana is an intense treat. She just devours 39MB, so consider whether she's more inconvenience to execute than she's worth.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »